Another month…going by so quickly. Honestly, this one went by in a flash. Usually, at about a week before they turn “x months old”, I start saying they’re “almost x months old” when people ask. But this time, I was kind of surprised that it was here already. Time is speeding up…
They just keep…growing! And learning!
Some new things:
– Walking is getting much better. I predict Linus will be the first to run.
– When you ask what an elephant says, they put their arm up, next to their ear, like an elephant’s trunk.
– They can also “sssss” like a snake, but they seem to have no clue what cats or dogs or cows say. :P
– Eating is going okay. Blueberries are their newest most favorite food ever, and even crackers aren’t a surefire hit anymore. But they’re doing okay. I just have to keep trying new things.
– One nap a day now. Booooo hoooo!
– Still love love love love love books. Almost would rather read books (I mean, make US read books) than play with toys.
– Though Oliver does love balls. He kicks and throws them and loves for us to dribble them.
– Last month, I turned them forward-facing. I wish I could have rear-faced them longer, and I know I could go back, but I think they’d be mad. I turned them FF because of some practical reasons, and the mommy guilt has kicked in. But oh my god, it’s so much easier to get a kid in the third row when they’re forward-facing.
– Linus has been throwing full-on temper tantrums. It’s kind of funny, but I know it won’t be for long. I think it’s time to investigate some books on toddler discipline. I’ve heard good things (from other triplet moms) about Love & Logic and 1,2,3 Magic. We’ll see.
In other news, we had our neighborhood garage sale on Friday. I got burned to a crisp (despite putting on sunscreen) but on the bright side, I made enough money for a Wii! And a Wii Fit! I got the Wii on Saturday and the Wii Fit should be arriving tomorrow. I can’t wait! I’ve already been playing Super Mario Brothers (yes, the old 1985 version – we downloaded it) and I don’t think I’ll need any other games. I’m re-addicted to it, just like when I was in 8th grade. Hmm.
Yesterday was our triplet group Easter Egg Hunt. I co-hosted it at a park in our neighborhood. It was a lot of fun…for everyone else. I mean, I had fun, but the boys were not in any mood to run around with other kids. They just wanted Mommy and Daddy to hold them. Sigh. But it was so darn cute to see all the triplets (and quads!) running around.
We also introduced the boys to bubbles. Oh my. They were absolutely entranced by them.