13 months old!January 5, 2009 at 6:17 pm | Posted in triplets | 11 Comments
Tags: monthly, triplets, update
My baby boys were 13 months old yesterday! Good lord.
What can I say about my sweet little guys?
- They are all clapping like crazy.
- Miles and Linus are fond of shaking their head “no.”
- Yesterday, Miles starting nodding “yes”.
- They said their first word, “cracker” on Jan 1.
- They all had ear tubes put in and their adenoids removed on 12/31, and so far, they seem to be healing well.
- No walking yet, but Miles took one step on Jan 1. None since then, though.
- Sleep has been weird. Two nights (one pre-surgery, one post-surgery, so I don’t know if this is ear-related) they’ve woken up around midnight, screaming. Almost like they were having nightmares. The first time was at my mom’s new house, so maybe that was due to the new surroundings? But then it happened the other night at home, too. Let’s hope that doesn’t continue!
- Eating is fine. They’re all beginning to show some signs of pickiness, but I’m choosing to ignore it right now. Linus will spit out chunks of things that are mixed in (say, bananas mixed with yogurt or peas in mashed potatoes.) Oliver will inexplicably like something one day, hate it the next, then go back to loving it. Miles will almost eat anything. Milk is going well, I think. They’re getting about 16-18 oz of milk a day, plus cheese and yogurt. Some of their favorites are grilled cheese, deli turkey or ham, CRACKERS CRACKERS CRACKERS, yogurt with fruit, chicken, and fat french fries.
- They’re still wearing some 6-9 month pants but most 12 month pants still fit. Tops are 12 month and 18 month, but more toward 18 month. Diapers are size 4. Their big Flintstone feet have outgrown their 6-12 month Robeez, so we moved up to 12-18 month in those.
- They all still have 6 teeth. Four on the top, two on the bottom. I don’t see or feel any more teeth coming in right now.
- They have started fighting a bit. Hair pulling (esp Oliver), pushing, stealing toys, and high-pitched screaming at each other. Fun times! We don’t intercede too much at this point, unless someone’s getting violent. But they’re also making each other laugh, which is awesome.
- They’re doing more interactive play with us, too. Peek-a-boo and things like that. More mimicking.
- We dropped bottles and formula a week after their first birthday, and they’ve only had milk and sippies since then. I don’t give them juice, but sometimes water. You should have seen them after their surgery, when they got juice in bottles. It was a double-whammy of excitement!
I think their first haircut is due soon. Maybe next weekend. Miles is starting to get a bit of a mullet.