If a bunch of posts from this blog just showed up, make sure you unsubscribe from this feed and subscribe to www.pyjammy.com instead. This blog is no longer active.
Time for a wordier post, eh?
- The boys have decided 3 am is a delightful time to wake up. I don’t think it’s related to the time change, I just think they’re insane. It might be related to the colds they have. One will get a breathing treatment, and the other two decide they want to get up too. It is not fun for anyone, least of all George, who has been getting up with him. (Thank you dear! I love you!)
- Therefore, I am tired.
- But somehow, they are not. This is a tiny preview of their nuttiness before bed last night. You’d think this would wear them out, right? Not so much.
- Here’s another fun video from yesterday. This was on the way to school. There’s not much to see, it’s more for the audio. It’s just full of randomness. Like, “I’m going to carve the turkey, then get in my car and go SUPER FAST!”
- On Sunday, I took pictures of my coworker’s family, which includes a set of 6 month old twin boys. They are the happiest babies ever. I seriously wanted to take one home with me. I was giving them eskimo kisses just to make them chuckle. Oh man, heart-melting.
- This weekend, we have three birthday parties to go to. Strangely, two of them on Saturday are at the same park, for two little girls with the same name, both turning three. (Not related, and the parties are not at the same time.) (Obviously they’re not related. They have the same first name, not last name.) Anyway, yay! Cake!
- Which means the boys’ birthday party (also at that park) is in less than 4 weeks! Fortunately, I had the invites printed in August. I’m so efficient!
- Our anniversary is coming up on Saturday. Six years. Wow.
- Oooh, can you do something real quick? I posted a picture on FB to try to win tickets to a fancy party at City Park, and I need lots of “likes”. You don’t have to do anything, but “like” this picture. Yay, thanks!
Miles and Daddy having a moment.
Today was exhausting. Holy cow. The boys were up, destroying their room before 6. We just left them to it, because there was no way I was getting up that early. And then it was an all-day whinefest. So we did what any smart family would do, and went to a restaurant. Ah well, at least it was loud.
Took the boys for their flu shots today. It was pretty funny (if you’re mean like me) because after Linus went, the other two wouldn’t go NEAR the doctor. But we just bribed them with Thomas stickers and all was fine.
NOT looking forward to their 4 year well visit next month…they each get FOUR shots. Poor monkeys!
It being All Saints Day, and seeing as I work for a Catholic organization, we got the day off. I love having this day off, but it’s not like I got to sleep in or anything. I still had to bring the boys to school. So after I dropped them off, I stopped by my friend’s restaurant and had a cup of tea. I was sitting by the window on this gorgeous morning, the server brought me the paper…ahhh, it was heavenly. If only I could start every day this way!
That’s how the boys greeted each house we went up to tonight. I have to say, trick or treating this year was so fun. They overcame their shyness after a couple of houses (all it took was for them to see they were getting CANDY) and then were running from house to house, yelling “Happy Trick or Treat!” Ahh, my heart. It was so cute.
And since tomorrow people will already be sick of hearing about Halloween, I want to share some other pictures from our weekend now, before it’s too late.
Sunday, we went to the zoo with Ren and her girls (and her niece) and since she said they were wearing their costumes, I brought the boys’ in case they decided to wear them. They did, and I’m glad because they were even cuter in person than I could have hoped. Or maybe I’m biased. Naah!
So, on to the zoo. They had all kinds of fun/creepy animals, and much to my chagrin, the boys wanted to pet a rat’s tail. Blech. Oh yeah, NOW they get brave…
Hee hee hee! Miles. He makes me laugh.
Today, I tried to get a picture of the boys in front of the construction across the street, but a bunch of the workmen were smiling and pointing at them, so they got shy and wouldn’t let me. But one of the workers came over and brought them three pairs of sunglasses. Love!
After school, we played outside for a while and I was able to get a shot in front of the construction. Man, I cannot wait for this to be finished.
Soon after, we were on our way to trick or treat, but having to hold the hands of three little boys precluded me from taking pictures. Trust me, it was cute.
And now I have THREE bags of candy to raid! Mwah ha ha ha ha…
I spent a lot of Saturday taking photos (I did a family photo shoot for a friend that I’m very happy with) but this one, just taken with my cell phone, is worth remembering. Oliver was telling great-grandpa Sam about Thomas. It can take the boys a while to warm up to people they don’t see very often (and even people they do) so I was happy they finally did with Grandpa Sam.